Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.91Trending at £24.50
- £26.30Trending at £26.87
- £38.57Trending at £43.98
- £27.28Trending at £29.99
- £12.69Trending at £13.18
- £20.30Trending at £26.99
- £24.08Trending at £34.99
About this product
- Author(s)Tomas Mario Kalmar
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/03/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementEpanded Ed.
- Table Of ContentsGracias/Acknowledgments Note on the Second Edition Prologue 1 No Man's Land I Liricamente II The Death of Leonardo III Dolo Dasnt Protect As 2 The Cobden Glossaries I Constructing a Hybrid Alphabet II A Kind of Algebraic Notation III New Contexts, New Texts, Same Moves IV A Scene of Writing: The Village Hall V The Cobden Glossaries 3 Some Laugh, Others Frown I Is This Text a Joke, or What? II Cracking the Ninth-Century Code III Three Ways of Reading a Cobden Glossary IV Freirean Dilemmas V Wallerstein on the Case of the Cobden Glossaries VI Conclusion 4 Making It Legal: The Social Construction of Hybrid Alphabets Strictly Speaking: Emic vs Etic II Writing in the No-Man's Land Between Languages III How to Legitimize a Hybrid Alphabet Epilogue: A Game as Old as the Alphabet? Commentaries Opting for the vernacular Peter Elbow Translanguaging and abecedarios ilegales Ofelia Garcia Ways with letters and sounds James Paul Gee The power of the single case Herve Varenne Ethnomethodology and mestizaje: the Cheran Connection Luis Vazquez Leon Panchaan Karen Velasquez Afterword Tomas Mario Kalmar List of Contributors References Author Index Subject Index
- Author BiographyTomas Mario Kalmar organized Paulo Freire's visit to Sydney in 1974 and served as his interpreter. He has helped to launch a wide variety of innovative educational projects for children and adults, ranging from Su Casa Migrant Head Start in southern Illinois to California State University Monterey Bay. Currently he is Co-Director, Community Learning Center, International Sonoran Desert Alliance, USA.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.