All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Ginger Frost
- PublisherManchester University Press
- Date of Publication09/05/2016
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintManchester University Press
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgements Introduction 1. 'Strangers in the blood': custody, inheritance, and taxation 2. 'The workhouse or death': maternal crimes and illegitimacy 3. Part of the family? Non-maternal carers and the criminal courts 4. Courts of last resort: affiliation and the poor law 5. Simple acts of justice: illegitimacy and law reform 6. Love and loss: family and illegitimacy 7. 'Passed from hand to hand': child circulation 8. 'Bad blood'? Social discrimination Conclusion Bibliography Index -- .
- Author BiographyGinger Frost is University Research Professor of History at Samford University -- .
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £12.31Trending at £13.94
- £11.95Trending at £17.51
- £12.31Trending at £13.93
- £13.77Trending at £20.01
- £31.88Trending at £36.35
- £6.76Trending at £12.09
- £6.78Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.