All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Balazs M. Mezei,Francesca Aran Murphy,Kenneth Oakes
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication29/01/2015
- Series TitleIlluminating Modernity
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Weight357 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Table Of ContentsTable of Contents Introduction 1. Faith and Scripture 2. Personal Faith: Saint Augustine 3. Ecclesial Faith 4. The Limits of Reason I: The Second Council of Orange 5. Systematic Faith: Thomas Aquinas 6. Faith and Supernatural Virtue: Catholic and Reformation Views 7. Faith, Trust, and the Freedom to Serve: Martin Luther 8. Faith as Knowledge, Assent, and Trust: The Protestant Scholastics 9. Faith and Heartfelt Passion: Pietism 10. Faith as Opinion: Skeptics, Deists, and Freethinkers 11. Reasonable Faith and Practical Reason: Immanuel Kant 12. Faith and Feeling: Friedrich Schleiermacher 13. Synthetic Faith: Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel 14. Faith and Paradox: Soren Kierkegaard 15. The Limits of Reason II: Vatican I 16. Faith and the Faithfulness of God: Karl Barth 17. Faith and Unbelief: Paul Tillich 18. Kenotic Faith: Hans Urs von Balthasar 19. Anonymous Faith: Karl Rahner 20. Faith After Auschwitz and the Death of God 21. Faith and Science 22. Secularized Faith: Philosophical Appropriations 23. Faith and Liberation 24. The Phenomenology of Faith: Fides et Ratio 25. The Reasons of Faith: Reformed Epistemology 26. Conclusion: What is Faith? Glossary Bibliography Index
- Author BiographyFrancesca Aran Murphy is Professor of Theology at the University of Notre Dame, USA. Kenneth Oakes is a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Notre Dame, USA. Balazs Mezei is Professor of Philosophy at Pazmany Peter Catholic University, Budapest, Hungary.
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.00
- £31.49Trending at £34.21
- £13.79Trending at £20.01
- £5.19Trending at £5.49
- £23.44Trending at £40.21
- £9.70Trending at £10.26
- £6.18Trending at £6.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.