All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNatasha Heller offers a cultural history of Buddhism through a case study of the Chan master Zhongfeng Mingben. Monks of his stature developed a broad set of cultural competencies for navigating social and intellectual relationships. Heller shows the importance of situating monks as actors within wider sociocultural fields of practice and exchange.
- Author(s)Natasha Heller
- PublisherHarvard University, Asia Center
- Date of Publication02/12/2014
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleHarvard East Asian Monographs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University, Asia Center
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £69.50Trending at £109.28
- £14.52Trending at £16.01
- £30.79Trending at £34.12
- £31.63Trending at £49.99
- £33.26Trending at £34.98
- £6.27Trending at £6.33
- £4.95Trending at £8.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.