CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £8.63Trending at £9.09
- £8.87Trending at £9.92
- £6.10Trending at £6.23
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £11.41Trending at £14.18
- £24.93Trending at £25.85
- £11.71Trending at £12.80
About this product
- Author(s)Charles Sanders Peirce
- PublisherOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/06/2014
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight442 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byCornelis De Waal
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsPreface General Introduction [PERHAPS USE CARUS'S INTRO? IMG_2605-07] Textual Introduction Abbreviations 1. The Fixation of Belief 2. How to Make Our Ideas Clear 3. The Doctrine of Chances 4. The Probability of Induction 5. The Order of Nature 6. Deduction, Induction, and Hypothesis 7. My Pragmatism 8. Essays on Meaning 9. First Letter to Paul Carus 10. Second Letter to Paul Carus Notes Bibliography? Index
- Author BiographyCharles S. Peirce (1839--1914) was an American philosopher, logician, mathematician, and scientist, sometimes known as the father of pragmatism. He was educated as a chemist and employed as a scientist for 30 years. Today he is appreciated largely for his contributions to logic, mathematics, philosophy, scientific methodology, and semiotics and for his founding of pragmatism. Cornelis de Waal is an associate professor at Indiana University and Purdue University Indianapolis. The editor in chief of Transactions of the Charles S. Peirce Society, he lives in Indianapolis.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.