All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Books, Comics, Magazines
Save on Other Books, Comics, Magazines
- £8.83Trending at £8.93
- £6.98Trending at £7.27
- £11.78Trending at £12.69
- £6.62Trending at £9.67
- £4.56Trending at £5.80
- £11.88Trending at £12.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes the principles of image and video compression techniques and introduces current and popular compression standards, such as the MPEG series. Derivations of relevant compression algorithms are developed in an easy-to-follow fashion. Numerous examples are provided in each chapter to illustrate the concepts.
- Author Biographyk.S. thyagarajan is Chief Scientist at Micro USA, Inc., where he has developed an extensive suite of image processing, detection, and classification algorithms for the detection of very low contrast targets underwater in littoral waters and open oceans. He is an Emeritus Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at San Diego State University, and has extensive academic and industrial experience in researching and developing video compression systems. Dr. Thyagarajan's expertise lies in signal, image processing, image and video compression, pattern recognition, and communications. He holds several patents in video compression.
- Author(s)K. S. Thyagarajan
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication14/12/2010
- GenreElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight806 g
- Width154 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.