CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.32
- £24.31Trending at £34.91
- £9.41Trending at £16.95
- £9.53Trending at £14.94
- £7.60Trending at £9.97
- £18.98Trending at £29.93
- £7.60Trending at £8.65
About this product
- DescriptionFeaturing 250 rare archival photographs, Images of Civil War Medicine is a comprehensive visual encyclopaedia of medical care during a seminal event in American history. The book showcases the uniforms, equipment, and members of a large group of individual Civil War doctors, along with images of existing pre-war structures used to heal the sick.
- Author BiographyDr Gordon Damman is the founder of the National Museum of Civil War Medicine in Frederick, MD. He is a member of many historical societies and Civil War associations, and has written and lectured extensively on the subject. He is the author of Volumes I, II and III of the Pictorial Encyclopedia of Civil War Medical Instruments and Equipment. He is also on the editorial board of North/South Magazine. ||Dr. Bollet is a member of many prestigious scientific societies and societies devoted to medical history. He has been particularly interested in the comings and goings of diseases and the occurrence of new diseases, and many of his essays on that subject served as the basis of Plagues &Poxes. He has also studied intensively the medical aspects of the Civil War and nineteenth century medicine in general; his critically acclaimed book Civil War Medicine: Challenges and Triumphs was published in 2002.
- Author(s)Alfred Jay Bollet,Gordon Dammann
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- GenreFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.