Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.29Trending at £28.14
- £23.56Trending at £40.20
- £11.91Trending at £20.09
- £15.17Trending at £24.12
- £8.63Trending at £16.56
- £17.28Trending at £22.33
- £58.30Trending at £72.00
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on the discrepancy between the representation and the reality of children's experiences within welfare institutions. This book argues that this discrepancy stems from conflicts over middle and working-class notions of citizenship. It urges readers to reconsider the stereotypically dire situation of families living in poverty.
- Author BiographyLydia Murdoch is an assistant professor of history at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, New York.
- Author(s)Lydia Murdoch
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2006
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content Note24 b&w illustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.