All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe software required to process the images is explained and step by step examples provided, with various digital instruments around the world highlighted based on input from many experienced amateurs who have shared their experience in building and using their spectroheliographs.
- Author BiographyAn experienced amateur astronomer, Ken Harrison was born in Scotland where he trained as a mechanical engineer. He has been designing and building telescopes since the early 1960's and has built a series of spectroscopes for use on medium-sized amateur telescopes. He was Section Director of the Astronomical Society of Victoria, Australia Astrophotographic Section for ten years and past president of the Society. Ken's university thesis (and his first publication) was Design and Construction of the Isaac Newton 98-inch Telescope (Strathclyde University, 1970); since then he has published articles on optical design including Blink Comparison, (BAA Journal Vol 87, p 94) and Method of Radially Supporting Large Mirrors (Vol 87, p 154). He has made many contributions to the Astronomical Society of Victoria newsletter and was for three years the Editor of the `N'Daba' newsletter of the Natal Centre, Astronomical Society of Southern Africa. He is the author of Astronomical Spectroscopy for Amateurs (Springer, 2011) and Grating Spectroscopes and How to Use Them (Springer, 2012).
- Author(s)Ken M. Harrison
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication25/05/2016
- GenreAstronomy, Space & Time
- Series TitleThe Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note132 Illustrations, color; 69 Illustrations, black and white; XVI, 278 p. 201 illus., 132 illus. in color.
- Weight456 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £25.97Trending at £27.38
- £82.97Trending at £89.09
- £24.23Trending at £25.18
- £23.65Trending at £26.16
- £22.21Trending at £24.28
- £17.65Trending at £23.05
- £16.56Trending at £20.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.