Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.07Trending at £9.18
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.22
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
- £10.46Trending at £14.11
About this product
- DescriptionThis issue focuses on the contribution of psychological theory and research to facilitating successful immigration and integration.
- Author BiographyKay Deaux is a Distinguished Professor Emerita at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York and a Research Affiliate in the Department of Psychology at New York University. Her research and writing focus on the social psychological aspects of immigration, including ethnic and bicultural identity, stereotypes and discrimination, and the relationship of these processes to outcomes such as academic performance and collective action. Victoria Esses (Ph.D., University of Toronto) is Professor of Psychology and Director of the Centre for Research on Migration and Ethnic Relations at the University of Western Ontario. Her research examines prejudice, discrimination, and intergroup relations, with a particular interest in issues surrounding immigration and cultural diversity. Richard N. Lalonde (Ph.D., University of Western Ontario) is Professor of Psychology at York University. His research interests lie at the intersection of identity, culture, and intergroup relations in multicultural societies. Rupert Brown is Professor of Psychology at the University of Sussex. His interests are broadly in group processes and intergroup relations, with a particular focus on social identity processes, intergroup emotions, and factors that promote more favorable intergroup attitudes.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleJournal of Social Issues (JOSI)
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight300 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byKay Deaux,Richard N. LaLonde,Rupert Brown,Sheri R. Levy,Victoria M. Esses
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.