All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £31.22Trending at £32.15
- £20.82Trending at £24.99
- £23.02Trending at £23.26
- £25.98Trending at £26.98
- £24.56Trending at £26.98
- £28.65Trending at £31.98
- £19.48Trending at £19.99
About this product
- DescriptionSince the late 1950s John Rex has been at the forefront of British sociology and in particular the sociology of 'race' and ethnicity. This volume charts the nature, direction and significance of John Rex's work in the fields of urban sociology, ethnic relations and multicultural studies.
- Author BiographyTahir Abbas is Reader in Sociology and Director of the Centre for the Study of Ethnicity and Culture at the University of Birmingham. He is the author of The Education of British South Asians: Ethnicity, Capital and Class Structure and editor of Muslim Britain: Communities under Pressure and Islamic Political Radical: A European Comparative Perspective. He has (co)authored over fifty articles, chapters, reviews and commissioned research papers on the subjects of education, entrepreneurship, criminal justice and multiculturalism. Frank Reeves is Director of Race Equality West Midlands, one of Britain's regional race equality agencies. His books include British Racial Discourse, Race and Borough Politics, The Modernity of Further Education as well as many articles. He undertook his doctoral dissertation with John Rex.
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byFrank Reeves,Tahir Abbas
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.