CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures over 70 A-Z entries that address aspects of modern US immigration, including: bilingual education; domestic work; employer sanctions; gangs; gender; homeland security; migrant education; posttraumatic stress disorder; and stereotypes. This work allows a glimpse of the factors that drove earlier immigrants through Ellis Island's gates.
- Author BiographyJames Loucky, Professor of Anthropology at Western Washington University, has worked with Latin American immigrant communities in the United States and Canada for twenty-five years. In addition to following the development of the transnational Maya population, he has collaborated with immigrant organizations and attorneys on refugee issues, community development, and education concerns. His teaching and research emphases include international migration, border regions, Latin America, human rights, and global problems. Jeanne Armstrong is Associate Professor at Western Washington University and librarian liaison for several departments and programs including American Cultural Studies for which she is also an instructor. She is the author of Demythologizing the Romance of Conquest, and has co-authored articles on teaching library research. Larry J. Estrada is Director of American Cultural Studies and Associate Professor at Fairhaven College, Western Washington University. His recent research and work includes the issues of immigration patterns between Mexico and the United States as well as the sociocultural implications of public policy related to indigenous folk healing and curanderismo in Mexico. Dr. Estrada has served as mayor of the City of Fort Collins, Colorado, and as Chair of the Washington State Commission on Hispanic Affairs.
- Date of Publication30/08/2006
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight898 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byJames Loucky,Jeanne Armstrong,Larry J. Estrada
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.