Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.32Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £5.28Trending at £5.90
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
About this product
- Author(s)Andor Szentivanyi,Herman Friedman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleEttore Majorana International Science Series
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note67 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1001 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1986
- Table Of ContentsIntroductory Section.- The Biology and Physiopharmacology of Bacterial Lipopolysaccharide Endotoxins and Their Role in Immunoregulation - An Introductory Preview.- Retrospective and Prospective View of Endotoxin Research.- I. Chemical and Molecular Characteristics of Endotoxins.- Beneficially Active Structural Entities in Endotoxin Preparations.- The Antigenic Structure of the Lipooligosaccharides of Neisseria Gonorrhoeae.- Lipid A: Relationships of Chemical Structure and Biological Activity.- Production of Human Monoclonal Antibodies Recognizing Cross-Reactive Determinants on Lipopolysaccharides.- Physical Properties of Short-Chain and Long-Chain Fractions of Lipopolysaccharide.- Analysis and Characterization of Bacterial Endotoxins (Lipopolysaccharides) by SDS-Polyacrylamide Gel Electrophoresis Followed by Silver Stain.- II. Physiological and Pharmacological Effects of Endotoxins.- Metabolic Effects of Endotoxin.- Glucose Dyshomeostasis in Endotoxicosis: Direct Versus Monokine-Mediated Mechanisms of Endotoxin Action.- In Vivo Effects on Cellular Metabolism and Calcium Dynamics by Continuous Infusion of Endotoxin.- Endotoxin (LPS) Toxicity to Hepatocytes (H) in Vitro - Modulation by Macrophages (M).- Effects of Endotoxin on Mixed Function Oxidase Activity.- Myocardial Performance and Adrenergic Modulation of Cyclic AMP Following Endotoxin Administration.- Cyclic Nucleotides in the Immunopharmacology of Lipopolysaccharide Endotoxins.- III. Immunogenicity and Non-Specific Effects of Endotoxin.- Nonspecific Effects of LPS on Bacterial Infections.- Bacteroides Species Increases Lipopolysaccharide Susceptibility of Experimental Animals.- The Role of Post-Endotoxin Serum Components from BCG Infected Mice in the Protection of Compromised Hosts.- Protection Against Lethal Haemophilus Pleuropneumoniae Infection in Swine by Antibodies to LPS Core Antigens.- Salmonella Antigens as Protective Immunogens in Salmonella Infection.- Protective Function of Neutrophils During Experimental Endotoxic Shock.- Active Immunization with E. coli J5 and its Protective Effects from Endotoxic Shock in Calves.- Clinical Recognition and Treatment of Endotoxinemia.- Transient Suppression of Yeast Phagocytosis Induced by Legionella Pneumophila in Cultures of Murine Resident Peritoneal Macrophages.- The Effect of Endotoxin on Migration Inhibitory Factor and Interferon.- IV. Effects of Endotoxins on Cells of the Immune System.- Regulation of the Cell Cycle of Murine B Lymphocytes by Lipopolysaccharides.- Synergistic Effect of Endotoxin with Concanavalin A on DNA Synthesis in Lymphocytes and the Role of Interleukins 1 and 2.- Biochemical, Immunological and Functional Analysis of Lymphocytes from the LPS Non-Responder C3H/HeJ Mouse.- Effects of Endogenous Gut LPS on Cells of the Secretory Immune System.- Molecular Mechanisms in Lymphokine-Induced Macrophage Activation - Enhanced Production of Oxygen Radicals.- Induction of Gamma Interferon by Endotoxin in Aged Murine Splenocyte Cultures.- Characterization and Localization of Lipopolysaccharides Following the Ingestion of E. coli by Murine Macrophages In Vitro.- The Release of Immunopotentiating Mediators from Macrophages Activated by Endotoxins.- Changes in Macrophage Progenitor Cell Composition in the Bone Marrow of Early Phase Endotoxin-Tolerized Mice.- Production of Colony-Stimulating Factor (CSF) by Bone Marrow Cells Stimulated with Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and Phorbol Esters.- V. Modulation of the Immune Response by Endotoxins.- Modulation of Humoral and Cell-Mediated Immune Responses by a Structurally Established Nontoxic Lipid A.- Endotoxin Membrane Protein Complexes as Immunomodulators.- Endotoxin Associated Proteins and Their Polyclonal and Adjuvant Activities.- Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Recurrence of Arthritis Initiated by Peptidoglycan-Polysaccharide.- Antibiotics, Immunity, and Immunoenhancement.- The Effect of Selected Antibiotics on the Endogenous Intestinal Microflora and its Consequences fo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.