All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.36Trending at £4.54
- £9.51Trending at £10.01
- £2.70Trending at £2.73
- £8.79Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.33
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
- £6.88Trending at £7.10
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/12/2013
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleEnergy Balance and Cancer
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 19 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight564 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byNathan A. Berger,Susan Redline
- Table Of ContentsPreface...Susan Redline and Nathan A. Berger Chapter 1: Sleep Across the Lifespan...Carolyn Dambrosio and Susan Redline Chapter 2: Effects of Sleep Deficiency on Hormones, Cytokines, and Metabolism...Orfeu M. Buxton, Josiane L. Broussard, Alexa K. Zahl, Martica Hall Chapter 3: Sleep Disorders and Melatonin...Katherine A. Dudley and Sanjay R. Patel Chapter 4. Biomedical Effects of Circadian Rhythm Disturbances...Keith C. Summa and Fred W. Turek Chapter 5: Intermittent Hypoxia: Mechanistic Pathways Influencing Cancer...Jayasri Nanduri and Nanduri. R. Prabhakar Chapter 6: Association of Sleep Apnea and Cancer: From Animal Studies to Human Epidemiological Data...F. Javier Nieto and Ramon Farre Chapter 7: Shift Work, Obesity, and Cancer...Elizabeth E. Devore and Eva S. Schernhammer Chapter 8: Sleep Disorders and Cancer Risk...Cheryl L. Thompson and Li Li Chapter 9: Contribution of Sleep Disturbance to Cancer Fatigue...Christine Miaskowski and Bradley E. Aouizerat Chapter 10. Sleep Disturbances in Cancer Survivors...Lavinia Fiorentino and Sonia Ancoli-Israel Chapter 11: Sleep-focused interventions: Investigating the effects of sleep restriction on energy balance...Marie-Pierre St-Onge and Ari Shechter
- Author BiographyDr. Susan Redline is the Peter C. Farrell Professor of Sleep Medicine at Harvard Medical School, Senior Physician in the Division of Sleep Medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital, and Physician in the Division of Pulmonary Medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Dr. Redline has won several scientific awards for her research in sleep, including the American Thoracic Society's 2012 Recognition Award for Scientific Accomplishments, which recognizes her outstanding scientific contributions in epidemiological research designed to understand the prevention and treatment of sleep disorders. Dr. Nathan A. Berger is the Hanna-Payne Professor of Experimental Medicine and Director of the Center for Science, Health and Society. He is Professor of Medicine, Biochemistry and Oncology at Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine. Dr. Berger is a member of many professional societies including the American Society of Hematology, American Society of Biological Chemists, American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Association for Cancer Research, American Society of Clinical Investigation, and the American Association of Physicians. Dr. Berger serves on and chairs many national peer review panels and committees for the National Cancer Institute. He chaired the NCI Scientific Review Group Subcommittee D for Clinical Research Program Project Grant Applications and the NCI/National Center for Complimentary and Alternative Medicine Special Emphasis Review Panel.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.