All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImperial Debris redirects scholarly focus away from ruins as evidence of the past to ruination as the processes through which imperial power occupies the environment, and bodies and minds, in the present.
- Author BiographyAnn Laura Stoler is the Willy Brandt Distinguished University Professor of Anthropology and Historical Studies at the New School for Social Research. She is the author of Along the Archival Grain: Epistemic Anxieties and Colonial Common Sense and Carnal Knowledge and Imperial Power: Race and the Intimate in Colonial Rule. Her books Race and the Education of Desire: Foucault's History of Sexuality and the Colonial Order of Things and Haunted by Empire: Geographies of Intimacy in North American History are both also published by Duke University Press.
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication10/05/2013
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note29 illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width163 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAnn Laura Stoler
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.50Trending at £17.14
- £25.51Trending at £37.29
- £14.30Trending at £16.70
- £8.50Trending at £10.51
- £19.20Trending at £29.96
- £9.66Trending at £14.96
- £11.79Trending at £17.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.