All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £5.09Trending at £5.54
- £19.03Trending at £19.62
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
- £8.66Trending at £8.76
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on the the eastern Mediterranean area shaped by the Byzantine and Ottoman empires, this volume explores the nexus of empire and geography. Through examination of a wide variety of texts, the essays explore ways in which production of geographical knowledge supported imperial authority or revealed its precarious grasp of geography.
- Author BiographySahar Bazzaz is Associate Professor of History at the College of the Holy Cross. Yota Batsaki is Executive Director, Dumbarton Oaks Research Library and Collection. Dimiter Angelov is Professor of Byzantine History at the University of Birmingham. Antonis Anastasopoulos is Assistant Professor of Ottoman History at the Department of History and Archaeology at the University of Crete, and a research associate of the Institute for Mediterranean Studies of the Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas (IMS/FORTH). Mevhibe Pinar Emiralioglu is Assistant Professor of History at the Department of History at the University of Pittsburgh. Constanze Gutenke is Associate Professor of Classics and Hellenic Studies at Princeton University. Dimitris Kastritsis is Lecturer in History at the University of St. Andrews. Ilham Khuri-Makdisi is Assistant Professor of Middle Eastern History at Northeastern University. Paul Magdalino is Professor of Byzantine History at Koc University and Fellow of the British Academy. Anna Stavarakopoulou is Assistant Professor of Theater Studies at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Sibel Zandi-Sayek is Associate Professor of Art History at the College of William and Mary.
- PublisherHarvard University, Center for Hellenic Studies
- Date of Publication22/02/2013
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleHellenic Studies Series
- Series Part/Volume Number56
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University, Center for Hellenic Studies
- Content Note4 black and white line illustrations, 4 black and white photographs, 2 maps
- Weight472 g
- Width140 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDimiter Angelov,Sahar Bazzaz,Yota Batsaki
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.