All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntended as a reminder of Europe for soldiers and clerks of the empire, the city of Dalat, located in the hills of Southern Vietnam, was built by the French in an alpine locale that reminded them of home. This book uncovers the strange 100-year history of a colonial city that was conceived as a center of power.
- Author BiographyEric T. Jennings, Professor of History at the University of Toronto, is the author of Curing the Colonizers, and Vichy in the Tropics.
- Author(s)Eric T. Jennings
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication27/04/2012
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleFrom Indochina to Vietnam: Revolution and War in a Global Perspective
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note34 b/w photographs, 2 maps, 1 table
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £19.59Trending at £26.34
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.40Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £12.17Trending at £13.80
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.