Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.19
- £24.97Trending at £27.59
- £4.34Trending at £4.44
- £23.93Trending at £24.42
- £11.11Trending at £12.30
- £9.09Trending at £9.24
- £5.94Trending at £6.68
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloped from research into initiatives for school improvement in a range of secondary schools, this book considers the views of students as a starting point and then charts action being undertaken to enhance the environment of classroom and school. It concludes with consideration of the relationship between culture and achievement.
- Author BiographyDerek Glover is a Visiting Professor of Education at Nottingham Trent University. After 18 years' experience as the head of a large community school in Oxfordshire, he completed his PhD with the Open University and has now gone on to his 'second career' - teaching, researching and publishing extensively, particularly in the fields of school organization, financial management and the management of school reputation. He and Sue Law have previously co-written Managing Professional Development in Education and Educational Leadership and Learning. Sue Law is Professor of Education and Head of the Department of Secondary and Tertiary Education at Nottingham Trent University. After teaching in schools and colleges for 20 years, she became Director of Continuing Professional Development at Keele University, where she established innovative distance-learning MBA and MA educational management programmes. She now balances the leadership responsibilities of a large University department with researching and publishing on teachers' professional development, education management and educational policymaking.
- Author(s)Derek Glover,Sue Law
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2002
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Education OUP
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight406 g
- Width68 mm
- Height95 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.