All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave humans been sharing the planet with other intelligent life for millions of years without realizing it? In Defense of Dolphins combines accessible science and philosophy, surveying the latest research on dolphin intelligence and social behavior, to advocate for their ethical treatment.
- Author BiographyThomas I. White, Ph.D. is the Hilton Professor of Business Ethics and Director of the Center for Ethics and Business at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California. He is also the Scientific Advisor to the Wild Dolphin Project in Jupiter, Florida. He received his Ph.D. in Philosophy from Columbia University in 1974, and he taught at Upsala College and Rider University in New Jersey before moving to California. In addition to numerous scholarly articles on a variety of philosophical topics, he is the author of Right and Wrong, Discovering Philosophy, Business Ethics and Men and Women at Work (with Katherine Kearney). Since 1990, he has observed and assisted with the research of Dr. Denise Herzing of the Wild Dolphin Project, a marine scientist who has been studying a community of wild Atlantic spotted dolphins in the Bahamas for more than 20 years.
- Author(s)Thomas I. White
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/07/2007
- Series TitleBlackwell Public Philosophy Series
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Philosophy
Save on Philosophy
- £32.42Trending at £34.99
- £23.38Trending at £24.98
- £23.03Trending at £24.28
- £6.44Trending at £6.99
- £9.76Trending at £9.97
- £8.18Trending at £10.42
- £7.36Trending at £7.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.