CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.74
- £8.49Trending at £9.59
- £6.50Trending at £11.99
- £5.01Trending at £5.28
- £21.99Trending at £25.61
- £10.99Trending at £15.00
- £5.41Trending at £5.74
About this product
- DescriptionRoy Avis has photographed steam locomotives traveling on the main line. Over 130 photographs are included, in black & white and colour of them at work in many different landscapes, allowing us all to share his relentless pursuit of steam.
- Author BiographyA retired local government officer, Roy Avis was born in 1935, at 7 Higham Road, Little Irchester, a terraced cottage overlooking the former Wellingborough London Road railway station. Much of his early enthusiasm for steam began at Kettering Grammar School, in 1947, when he joined the Ian Allan locospotters' club; railway artist Don Breckon was also a pupil there at that time. His first railway photographs were taken at Kettering Junction where the family had an allotment on the embankment; his father, grandfather and two uncles all worked on the railway. Unacquainted with digital technology, he still uses a Pentax medium format camera, negative roll film and transparencies.
- Author(s)Roy Avis
- PublisherSilver Link Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication24/08/2012
- GenreTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Series TitleRailway Heritage
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSilver Link Publishing Ltd
- Content Note125 b&w, 8 colour
- Width237 mm
- Height260 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.