All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Diana C. Mutz
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication07/04/2015
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note46 line illus. 2 tables.
- Weight542 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Table Of ContentsList of Illustrations ix List of Tables xiii Acknowledgments xv Chapter 1 What Is In-Your-Face Politics? 1 Part I What Difference Does It Make? The Effects of In-Your-Face Political Television 17 Chapter 2 The Consequences of In-Your-Face Politics for Arousal and Memory 19 Chapter 3 Effects on Public Perceptions of the Legitimacy of the Opposition 46 Chapter 4 The Costs of In-Your-Face Politics for Political Trust 73 Part II When Does In-Your-Face Politics Matter? 93 Chapter 5 Real-World Contexts 95 Chapter 6 Who Watches This Stuff Anyway? The Audience for In-Your-Face Politics 116 Part III Historical Implications for Political Television 151 Chapter 7 Does the Medium Matter? 153 Chapter 8 How Politics on Television Has Changed 178 Chapter 9 Making Politics Palatable: Political Television in an Era of Choice 193 Appendix A Summary of Experimental Designs 223 Appendix B Summary of Experimental Dependent Variables 225 Appendix C National Survey Questions for Orientation toward Conflict Communication Scales 230 Appendix D Coding Form for Political Television Programs 231 Appendix E Coding Instructions for Televised Conflicts 233 Notes 239 References 247 Index 257
- Author BiographyDiana C. Mutz is the Samuel A. Stouffer Professor of Political Science and Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, where she serves as director of the Institute for the Study of Citizens and Politics at the Annenberg Public Policy Center. Her books include Population-Based Survey Experiments (Princeton), Hearing the Other Side, and Impersonal Influence.
- PrizesShortlisted for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2015.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.