All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn a white-hot day in Tripoli, Libya, in the summer of 1979, nine-year-old Suleiman is shopping in the market square with his mother. His father is away on business - but Suleiman is sure he has just seen him, standing across the street. This novel tells a tale from the point of view of a young boy growing up in a terrifying and bewildering world.
- Author BiographyHisham Matar was born in New York in 1970 to Libyan parents and spent his childhood first in Tripoli and then in Cairo. He has lived in London since 1986. In the Country of Men has been published in twenty-two languages, was shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2006, the Guardian First Book Award and the Index on Censorship T.R. Fyvel Book Award, and won the Royal Society of Literature Ondaatje Prize, the Commonwealth Writers Prize for Best First Book for the Europe and South Asia region and the Gregor von Rezzori Prize.
- PrizesWinner of The Commonwealth Writers Prize 2007 and Ondaatje Prize 2007. Shortlisted for National Book Critics Circle Awards: Fiction 2008 and Booker Prize for Fiction 2006.
- Author(s)Hisham Matar
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date13/04/2012
- Weight180 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £12.71Trending at £13.52
- £4.44Trending at £5.19
- £10.96Trending at £11.99
- £4.93Trending at £8.98
- £5.95Trending at £9.05
- £4.46Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.