Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.20Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £37.82Trending at £49.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- DescriptionIn December 1988 the author was stricken by a virus that targeted his brain, leaving him totally disabled and utterly changed. This book presents a picture of what it is like to find oneself possessed of a ravaged memory and unstable balance, and confronted by wholesale changes in both cognitive and emotional powers.
- Author BiographyFloyd Skloot is the author of three novels, four collections of poetry, and a collection of essays, The Night Side. Individual essays from In the Shadow of Memory have been included in the anthologies The Best American Essays, The Art of the Essay 1999, and The Best American Science Writing 2000. The essay A Measure of Acceptance won the 2004 Pushcart Prize.
- Author(s)Floyd Skloot
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleAmerican Lives
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.