All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
About this product
- DescriptionIn the Shadow of the Gallows reveals how a sense of racialized culpability shaped Americans' understandings of personhood prior to the Civil War. Jeannine Marie DeLombard draws from legal, literary, and popular texts to address fundamental questions about race, responsibility, and American civic belonging.
- Author BiographyJeannine Marie DeLombard is Associate Professor of English at the University of California, Santa Barbara, and author of Slavery on Trial: Law, Print, and Abolitionism.
- Author(s)Jeannine Marie DeLombard
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication16/07/2012
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleHaney Foundation Series
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note15 illus.
- Weight862 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.