All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book identifies and discusses key research studies of inclusion in the early years. Drawing on studies of practitioners' views and experiences of working inclusively, authors Cathy Nutbrown and Peter Clough show how practices in a range of early years settings can be influenced by the attitudes and responses of practitioners. The authors demonstrate how discussion of inclusion need not be limited to issues affecting children with learning difficulties or impairment, but should address factors affecting all members of the learning community. The book highlights elements which can make inclusion successful including curriculum and pedagogy, professional development, and work with parents. The authors review a number of international studies and present original research into practitioners' attitudes and practices. Views of parents, children, and practitioners are also presented.
- Author BiographyCathy Nutbrown is Professor of Education and Director for Research at the School of Education, University of Sheffield. Her work has involved the role of artists in residence in early years settings; inclusion in the early years; children's rights; curriculum development; early literacy work with parents; and the ethical issues of research involving young children. Cathy teaches on the Masters and Doctoral Programmes in Early Childhood Education. She began her career as a teacher of young children and has since worked in a range of settings and roles with children, parents, teachers and other early childhood educators.Cathy is committed to finding ways of working 'with respect' with young children, and sees the concept of quality in the context of what it means to develop curriculum and pedagogy in the early years with the ambition of working in a climate of 'respectful education'. She is Editor in Chief of the Journal of Early Childhood Research and has authored several books with SAGE.
- Author(s)Cathy Nutbrown,Peter Clough
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date09/01/2013
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £16.59Trending at £18.62
- £13.16Trending at £17.97
- £37.21Trending at £45.04
- £9.88Trending at £11.52
- £11.78Trending at £19.01
- £26.43Trending at £28.66
- £18.52Trending at £29.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.