All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe critically acclaimed South African bestseller
- Author BiographyCredo Mutwa was born in 1922 in Natal, the grandson of Ziko Shezi, a Bantu witchdoctor who was the guardian of his tribe's history. In 1963, Mutwa himself was officially proclaimed High Witchdoctor but the following year he broke his sacred oath of secrecy by writing Indaba, My Children. The book was both a commercial and critical success (it has sold over 250,000 copies in South Africa alone) and Credo Mutwa has gone on to write a number of other works as well as pursuing his talents as a painter and sculptor. He currently lives at the Shamwari Game Reserve in the Eastern Cape where he has founded a traditional healing centre.
- Author(s)Vusamazulu Credo Mutwa
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/1998
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Content NoteBlack and white line drawings throughout.
- Weight472 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.81
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £19.97
- £5.09Trending at £5.53
- £19.03Trending at £19.60
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £10.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.