All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat role have translations from Hindi literary works played in shaping and transforming our knowledge about India? This title deals with the linguistic criteria germane to the selection and translation of Hindi works, the nature of the links between India and Europe, and the reception of translated texts, through the perspective of book history.
- Author BiographyMaya Burger is professor of Indian Studies and History of Religions at the University of Lausanne. Her research projects are centred on the relation between India and Europe, on medieval and modern Hindi and on the history of yoga. Nicola Pozza is Senior Lecturer in Modern Indian Studies at the University of Lausanne where he teaches Hindi. His current research deals with modern Hindi literature, and with the intellectual history of the 19th and 20th centuries. He is completing a PhD on the use of the concept of freedom in Ajneya's narrative works. He has translated various Hindi works into French.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- GenreEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleWelten Sud- und Zentralasiens/Worlds of South and Inner Asia/Mondes de l'Asie du Sud et de l'Asie Centrale
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note2, 1 table, 1 graph
- Weight610 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMaya Burger,Nicola Pozza
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £9.75Trending at £12.79
- £24.99Trending at £25.74
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £21.73Trending at £23.79
- £20.42Trending at £23.99
- £14.58Trending at £18.15
- £63.23Trending at £92.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.