Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £23.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.45Trending at £7.61
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £14.87Trending at £16.59
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £4.85Trending at £4.96
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a representative sampling of stories, essays, and poems from each of Taiwan's nine indigenous tribes. This book explores such themes as the decline of traditional ways of life in Taiwan's aboriginal communities, residual belief in ancestral spirits, assimilation into a society dominated by Han Chinese, and others.
- Author BiographyJohn Balcom is an associate professor and head of the Chinese program in the Graduate School of Translation and Interpretation at the Monterey Institute of International Studies. He is the translator of twelve books, including Li Qiao's Wintry Night and Chang Hsi-kuo's City Trilogy. Yingtsih Balcom is an assistant professor at the Defense Language Institute, Monterey. Her translations of Western and Chinese literature have appeared in many journals, including Renditions, the Chinese Pen, and Chung Wai Literary Monthly.
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- GenreEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleModern Chinese Literature from Taiwan
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJohn Balcom,Yingtish Balcom
- Translated byJohn Balcom
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.