Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.15
- £6.99Trending at £8.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.77
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £6.95Trending at £8.98
- £11.32Trending at £12.34
- £6.39Trending at £6.94
About this product
- Author(s)Gilbert Gottlieb
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/12/2014
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Table Of ContentsContents: Conceptions of Development: Preformation and Epigenesis. Lamarck and the Idea of the Evolution of Species. Charles Darwin on the Evolution of Species and the Role of Embryological Development. Ernst Haeckel and the Biogenetic Law. St. George Mivart: First Intimations of the Role of Individual Development in Evolution. Francis Galton: Nature Verus Nurture, or the Separation of Heredity and Environment. August Weismann, Wilhelm Roux, Wilhelm His, and Hans Driesch: An Abortive Attempt to Understand Heredity Through an Experimental Approach to Embryonic Development. Karl Pearson Versus William Bateson: The Foundation of the Quantitative Study of Heredity, or Genetics Without Individual Development. Walter Garstang, Gavin de Beer, and Richard Goldschmidt: The Concept of Changes in Individual Development as the Basis for Evolution. R.A. Fisher, J.B.S. Haldane, and Sewall Wright: The Genetics of Populations. Evolution: The Modern Synthesis and Its Failure to Incorporate Individual Development Into Evolutionary Theory. Extending the Modern Synthesis: Preliminaries to a Development Theory of the Phenotype (Phenogenesis). From Gene to Organism: The Developing Individual as an Emergent, Interactional, Hierarchical System. Induction of Behavioral Change in Individual Development as Prelude to Evolution: The Supragenetic Developmental Basis of Evolutionary Change.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.