CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £10.35Trending at £11.00
- £8.95Trending at £9.94
- £17.19Trending at £32.73
- £8.72Trending at £9.13
- £24.93Trending at £25.91
- £11.71Trending at £12.83
- £21.48Trending at £29.17
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/09/2011
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleContributions to Psychology and Medicine
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight323 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byMichel Pierre Janisse
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1988
- Table Of Contents1 The Impact of Certain Emotions in Cardiovascular Disorders.- Arrhythmias.- Sudden Cardiac Death.- Hypertension.- Anger and Hypertension.- Habits.- Anxiety and Cardiovascular Disease.- Mitral Valve Disease.- Type A Behavior Pattern and Ischemic Heart Disease.- 2 Hassles, Health, and Happiness.- Attitudes Toward Mental Health.- Stress, Anxiety, Vulnerability, and Illness.- Dynamic Interactionism.- Stress, Vulnerability, and Anxiety Research.- Hassles.- Stress, Biochemical Changes, and Illness.- Happiness and Optimism.- Conclusions.- 3 The Type A Behavior Pattern and Coronary Heart Disease: Physiological and Psychological Dimensions.- Physiological Dimensions of the Type A Behavior Pattern.- Psychological Dimensions of the Type A Behavior Pattern.- Conclusion.- 4 Sensation Seeking, Risk Taking, and Health.- Hypertension.- Smoking.- Reflections on Personality and Health.- 5 The Experience, Expression, and Control of Anger.- Anger, Hostility, and Aggression: The AHA! Syndrome.- The Expression of Anger.- Summary and Conclusions.- 6 Social Support, Personality, and Health.- Stress and Illness.- Social Support: Environmental and Individual Differences Perspectives.- Social Support and Illness.- Methodological and Research Needs.- What Is Social Support?.- 7 Personality and Stress as Causal Factors in Cancer and Coronary Heart Disease.- 8 Tempermental Dimensions as Co-Determinants of Resistance to Stress.- Sources of Individual Differences in Studying Stress.- Personality Dimensions as Sources of Individual Differences in Stress.- Reactivity as a Co-Determinant of Resistance to Stress.- Author Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.