All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £33.07Trending at £44.78
- £19.32Trending at £27.39
- £7.48Trending at £9.38
- £9.50Trending at £10.71
- £25.51Trending at £37.19
- £19.20Trending at £29.89
- £6.60Trending at £10.01
About this product
- DescriptionLate antiquity is increasingly recognised as a period of important cultural transformation. One of its crucial aspects is the emergence of a new awareness of human individuality. In this book, the authors assess the influence of seminal thinkers, including the Gnostics, Plotinus, and Augustine.
- Author BiographyJohannes Zachhuber has published extensively on various aspects of late antiquity, in particular the thought of Gregory of Nyssa, and co-edited numerous collections. Publications include: Human Nature in Gregory of Nyssa. Philosophical Background and Theological Significance (Leiden: Brill, 1999), and Gregory of Nyssa, Contra Eunomium: An English Version with Supporting Studies. Proceedings of the 10th International Colloquium on Gregory of Nyssa, (Leiden: Brill, 2007) (edited with L. KarfikovA!, S. Douglass). Alexis Torrance specializes in late antique monasticism and asceticism in the Eastern Mediterranean. His publications have appeared in Journal of Early Christian Studies, Vigiliae Christianae, Studies in Church History, and The Heythrop Journal.
- Author(s)Alexis C. Torrance
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- GenreChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleStudies in Philosophy and Theology in Late Antiquity
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight538 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJohannes Zachhuber
- Series Edited byDr. Lewis Ayres,Professor Patricia Cox Miller,Dr. Mark Edwards,Professor Christoph Riedweg
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.