Information History - An Introduction: Exploring an Emergent Field by Toni Weller (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £63.59Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- £29.96Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by phatpocket
- Est. delivery by 24 Aug
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a pioneering introduction to the emergent field of information history. It explores how the contemporary values and concerns of our own information society have helped lead to a reconsideration of our history, and of what constitutes our historical understanding of information in the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyDr Toni Weller was educated at Newnham College, Cambridge University, and City University, London, in the fields of History and Information Science. She is an associate lecturer and honourary fellow at City University, London, and also teaches part-time at the Universities of Loughborough and Warwick. She has a particular interest in the theory and practice of information history and in the social and cultural roles of information in nineteenth century England and has lectured and published internationally on both the theory and practice of the field. She is also Chair of the Library and Information History Group, established in 1962 as a special interest group of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals.
- Author(s)Toni Weller
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- GenreLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleChandos Information Professional Series
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Weight240 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.