CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on important information literacy debates, this new book with contributions from many of the main experts in the field highlights important ideas and practical considerations.
- Author BiographyGeoff Walton is a Subject and Learning Support Librarian and Research Informed teaching (RiT) Project Co-ordinator at Staffordshire University, with specific subject responsibilities for Psychology and Sport & Exercise Science. As RiT Co-ordinator Geoff is involved in identifying synergies between research, teaching, learning, information literacy, e-learning and inquiry-based learning. He is particularly interested in the cognitive processes involved in becoming information literate. His research interests also include developing the online information literacy tool the Assignment Survival Kit (ASK), developing a process for online peer assessment, investigating academic skills needs in undergraduate students and using inquiry-based methods to facilitate learning. Alison Pope was a Learning and Teaching Fellow at Staffordshire University from 2005 to 2009. Her research in this period focused on the importance of adopting a strategic approach to information literacy in the HE context. She especially focused on the need to embed information literacy within the curriculum. Alison has spoken at many high profile conferences on this topic and has also published widely. She is Senior Subject and Learning Support Librarian at Staffordshire University with specific responsibility for the Schools of Law and Business. Alison leads the team at Staffordshire responsible for the development of the Assignment Survival Kit (ASK) and is currently engaged in empirical research to develop further the ASK software in a Web 2.0 environment.
- Author(s)Alison Pope,Geoff Walton
- PublisherWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication30/05/2011
- GenreLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleChandos Information Professional Series
- Place of PublicationWitney
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Weight560 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.