All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Inez Miyamoto,Jason Martin,Mark Talabis,Robert L. McPherson
- PublisherSyngress Media,U.S.
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRockland, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyngress Media,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrated; Illustrations, unspecified
- Weight340 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1: Analytics Defined Chapter 2: Primer on Analytics Software and Tools Chapter 3: Analytics and Incident Response Chapter 4: Simulations and Security Processes Chapter 5: Access Analytics Chapter 6: Technical Risk Profiling Chapter 7: Security Intelligence and Next Steps
- Author BiographyMark Ryan Talabis is the Chief Threat Scientist of Zvelo Inc. Previously he was the Director of the Cloud Business Unit of FireEye Inc. He was also the Lead Researcher and VP of Secure DNA and was an Information Technology Consultant for the Office of Regional Economic Integration (OREI) of the Asian Development Bank (ADB). He is co-author of the book Information Security Risk Assessment Toolkit: Practical Assessments through Data Collection and Data Analysis from Syngress. He has presented in various security and academic conferences and organizations around the world including Blackhat, Defcon, Shakacon, INFORMS, INFRAGARD, ISSA, and ISACA. He has a number of published papers to his name in various peer-reviewed journals and is also an alumni member of the Honeynet Project. He has a Master of Liberal Arts Degree (ALM) in Information Technology from Harvard University and a Master of Science (MS) degree in Information Technology from Ateneo de Manila University. He holds several certifications including a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA); and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC). Robert McPherson leads a team of data scientists for a Fortune 100 Insurance and Financial Service company in the US. He has 13 years of experience as a leader of research and analytics teams, specializing in predictive modeling, simulations, econometric analysis, and applied statistics. Bob works with a team of researchers who utilize simulation and big data methods to model the impact of catastrophes on millions of insurance policies...simulating up to 100,000 years of hurricanes, earthquakes, and wildfires, as well as severe winter and summer storms, on more than two trillion dollars worth of insured property value. He has used predictive modeling and advanced statistical methods to develop automated outlier detection methods, build automated underwriting models, perform product and customer segmentation analysis, and design competitor war game simulations. I. Miyamoto is a computer investigator with a government agency. She has over 15 years of computer investigative and computer forensics experience and over 12 years intelligence analysis experience. She holds the following degrees: B.S. Software Engineering, B.A. in Japanese Language, M.A. in National Security and Strategic Studies, M.S. in Strategic Intelligence, M.A. in Management, M.Ed. in Special Education and Ed.D. in Education. Jason Martin is Vice President of Cloud Business for FireEye, Inc. the global leader in advanced threat detection technology. Prior to joining FireEye Jason was the President and CEO of Secure DNA (acquired by FireEye), a company that provided innovative security products and solutions to companies throughout Asia-Pacific and the US Mainland. Customers included Fortune 1000 companies, global government agencies, state and local governments, and private organizations of all sizes. Mr. Martin has over fifteen years of experience in Information Security, is a published author and speaker, and is the co-founder of the Shakacon Security Conference.
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £4.99Trending at £7.11
- £30.89Trending at £34.54
- £29.42Trending at £29.90
- £6.79Trending at £8.79
- £13.57Trending at £14.64
- £36.98Trending at £37.74
- £23.56Trending at £31.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.