Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £10.35Trending at £11.00
- £8.69Trending at £9.13
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £8.91Trending at £9.94
- £24.93Trending at £25.91
- £11.71Trending at £12.83
- £21.48Trending at £29.17
About this product
- DescriptionFully revised and updated, Information Technology Outsourcing Transactions focuses exclusively on outsourcing information technology-such as data processing, computer systems, and specialised software programs-essentially an intellectual property transaction.
- Author BiographyJohn K. Halvey is a partner in the New York office of the international law firm of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, LLP and the founder of the Technology & Strategic Sourcing Group. He practices in all areas of technology and sourcing law, with particular emphasis on information technology and business process outsourcing and private equity transactions involving technology or sourcing companies. Mr. Halvey has represented companies in many of the largest technology, telecommunications, and business process outsourcing transactions, including Deutsche Bank, BellSouth, Panasonic, DuPont, AT&T, Alcatel, Xerox, Boeing, Bombardier, General Atlantic, and the Commonwealth Bank of Australia. His work in these areas has been the subject of articles in Forbes, Information Week, ComputerWorld, CIO Magazine, The Daily Deal, and Venture Capital Journal. Mr. Halvey has for many years been ranked by Chambers and Partners as one of the world's leading IT and outsourcing lawyers and in 2005 was the only lawyer in the United States to be ranked a Star Performer in the outsourcing industry. In 1995, Crain's named Mr. Halvey on its list of the 40 most successful people under 40 in New York City. He is also listed in The Best Lawyers in America. He has published three other books: Business Process Outsourcing Transactions: Process, Strategies and Contracts; Data Processing Contracts, and Computer Law and Related Transactions. Mr. Halvey is a magna cum laude graduate of Tufts University, Emory University School of Business, and Emory University School of Law, where he was an executive editor of the Law Review. Barbara M. Melby is a partner in the Global Outsourcing Group. Ms. Melby's practice focuses primarily on outsourcing transactions, including information technology and business process outsourcing, as well as other technology-related transactions, including development agreements, system implementation agreements, licensing and hosting agreements, technology services, joint ventures, and strategic alliances. Ms. Melby represents a large and diverse client base and has led or participated in nearly 100 major outsourcing transactions. Most recently she has completed a large offshore outsourcing transaction for a major insurance company, a global IT outsourcing (ITO) transaction for a leading international media company, a multi-tower outsourcing transaction for a major global pharmaceutical company, and a human resources outsourcing (HRO) transaction for large services provider. In addition to this book, Ms. Melby has co-authored Business Process Outsourcing: Process, Strategies, and Contracts (John Wiley& Sons, 2000). She also has written numerous articles in and has been widely quoted in a wide variety of publications to include CIO Magazine, ITWorld, The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, and The Pennsylvania Lawyer. Ms. Melby is also a frequent speaker on outsourcing and technology transactions at various business, legal, and professional conferences. She is a graduate of Vassar College and received her law degree from Boston University, magna cum laude. While at Boston University, she served as an editor on the Boston University Law Review and was a Distinguished Scholar.
- Author(s)Barbara Murphy Melby,John K. Halvey
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/11/2005
- GenreFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1328 g
- Width189 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.