All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.54
- £13.11Trending at £19.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £19.99
- £18.33Trending at £24.00
- £7.00Trending at £8.50
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
About this product
- Author(s)Gary A. Boyd,Mr. John McLaughlin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/08/2015
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 64 colour and 76 b&w illustrations
- Weight894 g
- Width240 mm
- Height220 mm
- Table Of ContentsContents: Introduction, Gary A. Boyd and John McLaughlin; Negation: the General Post Office and a collapsing of time, Gary A. Boyd; Power: are you getting the light? Ardnacrusha, the Rural Electrification Scheme and illuminating Ireland's peripheries, Gareth Doherty; Health: sanatoria and the search for an Irish Paimio, Ellen Rowley; Bus transportation - Coras Iompair Eireann and Michael Scott, Sarah A. Lappin and Una Walker; Media: America at home - the RTE Television Centre, Kevin Donovan; Aviation: into the West - Rineanna and the jumbo jet, Anna Ryan; Education: 'my father has got a tractor shed like this' - the Doyles, the concrete frame and the democratisation of education, Aoibheann Ni Mhearain; Telecommunications: infrastructural adhocism, Brian Ward; Roads: 'we must have motorways' - Ireland, the highway and modernity, Denis Linehan; Data: clouds and precipitation, John McLaughlin; Index.
- Author BiographyDr Gary Boyd is Reader in Architecture, Queen's University Belfast, UK and John McLaughlin is Principal of John McLaughlin Architects, Dublin, Ireland. Together they co-commissioned/curated the Irish Pavilion, Venice Biennale 2014.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.