Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £5.79Trending at £6.99
- £13.30Trending at £16.23
- £32.27Trending at £33.24
- £10.75Trending at £13.19
- £11.32Trending at £11.67
- £10.55Trending at £11.21
- £7.52Trending at £10.01
About this product
- Author(s)Alastair Ross
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGower Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIncludes 68 b&w illustrations
- Weight804 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Table Of ContentsContents: About this book; The landscape for innovation in professional services; Why innovation? Lessons from the UK legal sector. Part I Opportunities for Innovation: So you want more innovation in your firm?; Innovation - what is it?; Innovation opportunities in professional services; Process innovation; Product/service innovation; Market position innovation; Business model innovation; The benefits of effective innovation; Standing back and looking forwards. Part II Establishing a System for Innovation: Where to start?; Managing innovation - lessons from best practice; Leadership for innovation; Strategy for innovation; Process for innovation; Climate for innovation; Resources and methods for innovation; External links to innovation; Learning from innovation; Putting an innovation system in place. Part III Innovation through Smarter Working: Introduction to re-engineering; Let's talk about business processes; Lean and continuous improvement; Smarter working - applying re-engineering in professional services; The challenges for re-engineering in professional services; The benefits of re-engineering in professional services; How to re-engineer - an introduction; Re-engineering in a downturn; Getting started. Part IV Managing Key Challenges: Common innovation challenges in professional service firms; Challenge 1 - poor supportive culture for innovation; Challenge 2 - limited understanding of client needs; Challenge 3 - insufficient resourcing of innovation; Challenge 4 - poor innovation process; Challenge 5 - ineffective execution; Challenge 6 - resistance to systemisation of work; Developing your innovation; Final words. Appendices; Further reading; Index.
- Author BiographyAlastair Ross is a highly experienced change leader having consulted globally to service and industrial businesses for nearly twenty-five years. He founded Codexx Associates Ltd in 2002, with the goal of 'energising change' for businesses. He provides consulting services in innovation and re-engineering, following a career in IBM in manufacturing, management and consulting. Since 2005 Alastair has worked extensively with a number of major professional service firms in innovation and re-engineering. Alastair has written and spoken widely on business improvement and his book Dynamic Factory Automation was published by McGraw-Hill in 1992. He is a Chartered Engineer, has a Bachelor of Science degree from Southampton University and a Master of Science degree from Imperial College, London. His recent publications include: Lean for Lawyers, Business Process Re-engineering in Law Firms, Innovating Professional Services, The Innovation Journey, Innovation in a Law Firm and Increasing Client Loyalty. Alastair is a visiting lecturer on service innovation for the MSc in Strategy & Innovation at the University of Southampton.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.