CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.10Trending at £10.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £11.12Trending at £13.99
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.20
- £15.21Trending at £18.61
About this product
- DescriptionWith its focus on the offshore randomized control trials of a Pre-Exposure Prophylactic pill (PrEP) for preventing HIV infection, the volume develops a sustained analysis of the complex, virtual and topological dimensions of the expectations, ethics and evidence that surround the innovation of PrEP.
- Author BiographyMike Michael is Professor of Sociology and Social Policy at the University of Sydney, Australia. He has published widely including Science, Social Theory and Public Knowledge (with Alan Irwin), Technoscience and Everyday Life and Accummulation: The Material Politics of Plastic (co-edited with Jennifer Gabrys and Gay Hawkins). Marsha Rosengarten is Reader and also Director of the Unit of Play in the Sociology Department, Goldsmiths, University of London, UK. She is the author of HIV Interventions: Biomedicine and the Traffic between Information and Flesh.
- Author(s)Marsha Rosengarten,Mike Michael
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication25/09/2013
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleHealth Technology and Society
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight390 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.