Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £13.27Trending at £13.66
- £39.98Trending at £43.94
- £47.81Trending at £49.08
- £6.89Trending at £10.88
- £66.36Trending at £79.53
- £109.35Trending at £139.11
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the fundamentals of innovation and product management and introduces the reader to a holistic process model with particular focus on innovation and uncertainty. It features market-based examples and case-studies from international companies.
- Author BiographyKurt Gaubinger is a Professor of Innovation Management & Industrial Marketing at University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria. He is Head of the Master's Degree Programme Mechatronics and Business Management and Vice-Dean of the School of Engineering & Environmental Sciences. He received his Ph.D. in social and economic science from the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria. After teaching at the Universities of Applied Sciences Burgenland and Salzburg, Kurt Gaubinger became a full-time professor at the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria in 2005 and was named Head of Department for Innovation, Design and Industrial Marketing in 2009. In 2013 he developed the Master's Degree Programme Mechatronics and Business Management. Prior to his career in academia he worked as a medical engineer for Siemens AG Austria and afterwards for an Austrian IT service provider as business unit manager. He presented his research at numerous conferences and has published several books and articles. His research interests include strategic innovation and product management, front end of innovation, commercialization of innovations as well as IT based innovation management.Michael Rabl is Professor of Sensor Technology and Mechatronics at University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria. He is Head of the Bachelor's Degree Programme Innovation Engineering and Management and the international Master's Degree Programme Innovation and Product Management. He is acting as an independent expert for the European Commission for Research and Technological Development. As a senior researcher he was part of an international research group at the University of California Los Angeles working on the development of methods to cultivate algae as a feedstock for biofuels. In 2002 Michael Rabl became a full-time professor of Sensor Technology at the University of Applied Sciences in Wels, Upper Austria, and was named Head of Study of Innovation and Product Management in 2003. In 2000, he received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen, Germany. In 2013 he received his MBA in Innovation and Business Creation from Technische Universtat Munchen, Germany. From 1999 to 2002 he worked for Siemens AG in Munich, first as an R&D engineer and later as a product manager. His current research interests are in the field of mechatronics, innovation management and the development of international study programmes.K. Scott Swan is a Professor of International Business, Design and Marketing at The College of William & Mary (rated #1 undergraduate Marketing program by BusinessWeek). He has lectured internationally at Tsinghua University in Beijing; Aoyama Gakuin University in Tokyo; WHU in Koblenz, Germany; Corvinus University, Hungary; the Vienna Business School; Management Center Innsbruck; and University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria. He has also conducted economic impact studies for the Virginia Port Authority and Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority. His research interests include design, sourcing strategies, cooperative strategies, global product development, as well as the interaction between innovation and culture that have lead to publications in journals such as Strategic Management Journal, Journal of International Management, Journal of International Business Studies, Management International Review, Journal of Business Research, and The Journal of Product Innovation Management. He is on the Editorial Review Board of The Design Journal and The Journal of Product Innovation Management. Professor Swan has worked in project management for Flour-Daniel, marketing management for Foremost Corporation of America, as well as founding several small businesses related to design.Thomas Werani is Associate Professor at the Institute for Retailing, Sales and Marketing and Head of the Department for Business-to-Business-Marketing, Johannes Kepler University Linz. He studied business administration with a specialization in
- Author(s)Kurt Gaubinger,Michael Rabl,Scott Swan,Thomas Werani
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication13/09/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleSpringer Texts in Business and Economics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note199 Illustrations, black and white; XVI, 327 p. 199 illus. With online files/update.
- Weight678 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2015 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.