All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA five-level general English course. Based on a language-rich, lexical/grammatical syllabus, it starts from the kinds of natural conversations that learners want to have.
- Author BiographyHugh is married with two kids and lives only five streets away from Andrew in north London. He grew up on the south coast of England and in South London and graduated in English Literature from Goldsmith's College, part of the University of London, in 1991. Like many native speakers, he then drifted into language teaching, only really becoming serious about it during a four-year stint in Indonesia in the mid-90s. He returned to London to do his DELTA and then an MA TESOL and moved soon afterwards into coursebook writing. He worked initially with Michael Lewis and Jimmie Hill, the two men behind The Lexical Approach, a book that influenced him enormously. In his (far too limited) free time, he continues to play in a band, The Beatpack; he wrote for a music magazine and DJs occasionally; he reads voraciously; enjoys cooking, and is a life-long Arsenal supporter! Andrew is married with two children and lives in North London with his partner and son, now his daughter has left home. He grew up in Birmingham and went to Nottingham University, where he studied English Studies. After that he went to Spain to teach English 'for a year' while he decided what he wanted to do with his life. It turned out he wanted to teach English! After that he returned to the UK where he worked in various language schools and adult colleges, completed a DipTEFLA and trained to deliver CELTA courses. He then worked at the University of Westminster for 17 years with a four-year break, when he went back to Valencia with his family. When he isn't working, he plays football twice a week, cycles round the city and enjoys London. He grows vegetables in an allotment, cooks and watches TV.
- Author(s)Andrew Walkley,Darryl Hocking,Hugh Dellar
- PublisherCengage Learning EMEA
- Date of Publication13/04/2004
- GenreELT Course Materials
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLanguage Teaching Publications
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width212 mm
- Height298 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £8.63Trending at £9.09
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £6.10Trending at £6.23
- £8.87Trending at £9.92
- £11.41Trending at £14.18
- £24.93Trending at £25.85
- £11.71Trending at £12.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.