All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication27/03/2015
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note69 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables
- Weight771 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byPaul Lillrank,Vijai Kumar Singh
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction; V. K. Singh and Paul Lillrank Global Trends in Health-System Innovation; Anne Snowdon, Karin Schnarr, and Charles Alessi Learning from Industry: Innovating in Health-Care Operation; Paul Lillrank Lean and Innovation: The Two Responsibilities ; Marc S. Hafer, John Gallagher, and Adam Ward Cultivating an Innovative Culture through Lean; Tan Ghim Meng and Philip Choo Innovative Approaches to Build Health-Care Facilities; Chris Lloyd Hospital Planning and Design Innovation for Lean Operation; S. K. Biswas and V. K. Singh Public Health Innovations; Vandana Kumar Behavior Changes, the Last Mile in Health Care; Shiban Ganju Cost-Effective, Scalable, and Sustainable Model for Primary Health Care; Ankur Pegu and Sundeep Kapila Doing Community Good Is Good for Business; Bahare Forotan Process Efficiency by Innovation; Anssi Mikola and Paul Lillrank Stanford Operating System: Aligning Purpose with People and Performance; Amir Dan Rubin Managing Stakeholders and Patient Experiences to Achieve Better Outcome; Kavita Narayan Leapfrog through mHealth; Sachin Gaur Innovation Excellence: Learning from Emerging and Developed Economies; V. K. Singh Innovative Approaches of Affordable Health Care in Emerging Economies; Venkataramanaiah Saddikuti, Mohan Gopalakrishnan, and Saji Gopinath Supply Chain Innovations in Health Care; Atanu Chaudhuri Three-Dimensional Health Care: The Need of the Hour ; Satish Kr. Gupta Innovative Initiatives in Health Care by Indian Government; Vishwas Mehta Indovation: Frugal Innovation in Indian Health Care; Sandeep Bhalla and Nimisha Singh Verma Emerging Health-Care Innovations; Preethi Pradhan and Keerti Pradhan
- Author BiographyDr. Vijai K. Singh retired as Surgeon Rear Admiral after 37 years in national and international assignments. He earned MBBS, Masters in Hospital Administration, Diplomate National Board in Hospital and Health Care Management, and M Phil. He was awarded a Distinguished Services Medal for services in Zambia by the President of India and commendation by Zambia. He had been deputy chief medical officer of the United Nations, adjunct professor of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Zaragoza, Spain, and consultant to the National Disaster Management Authority. He was president of the Academy of Hospital Administration, founder director of the International Institute of Health Management Research, chairman of the Health Care Division of Quality Council of India, and member of the International Group on Biosafety. He developed a European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) model for Healthcare in India released by Union Health Minister. Presently, he is Adjunct Research Professor at the International Health Innovation Center, Ivey School of Business, Canada, and Director of Healthcare Asia for Lean Healthcare Excellence-Simpler. He is a member of the National Public Health Committee of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and visiting professor of the Indian Institute of Management, Management Development Institute, and Public Health Foundation of India. Paul Lillrank has been a professor of quality and service management at Aalto University since 1994. He earned his PhD from Helsinki University in 1988 after postgraduate studies in Japan, where he studied quality management in Japanese industry. He has worked at Science University of Tokyo, the Boston Consulting Group, and Stockholm School of Economics. He has pioneered industrial management applications in health care and cofounded the Institute of Healthcare Engineering, Management and Architecture (HEMA) at Aalto, Finland, and the Nordic Healthcare Group (NHG), a consultancy. He has published in the areas of health-care operations management, technology transfer, service quality, and process analysis. He teaches regularly at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £14.70Trending at £15.80
- £20.87Trending at £23.99
- £21.83Trending at £29.85
- £11.70Trending at £14.50
- £10.94Trending at £11.23
- £8.60Trending at £12.88
- £10.99Trending at £12.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.