All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFull of innovative techniques for carrying out social work research, this book will help students, practitioners and academics engaged in research to understand and apply creative methods. With extended case studies of research projects, it reveals effective strategies for undertaking original social work research at all levels.
- Author BiographyLouise Hardwick works in Department of Sociology, Social Policy and Criminology at the University of Liverpool. She originally practised as a social worker before moving into academia. As well as research interests in critical pedagogical approaches and the impact of welfare reform on differing social groups, she is also Chair of the registered charity Interchange that links student researchers and voluntary organisations in participatory action research projects. Roger Smith BA, MA, MPhil, PhD is Deputy Head of School (Research) and Professor of Social Work in the School of Applied Social Sciences at Durham University. He qualified as a social worker and practised as a probation officer, specialising in youth justice. He was head of policy with The Children's Society, before taking up an academic role as a social work educator and researcher. During his academic career he has developed an interest in research methods in social work, particularly participatory approaches. Aidan Worsley BA, MA, MPhil, FRSA is a Professor of Social Work and Executive Dean of the College of Business, Law and Social Sciences at the University of Central Lancashire and. He is a qualified, registered social worker, with a background in criminal justice work and wide experience as an academic manager, external examiner and active researcher in areas of social work education, social work and service user led research, practice learning and interprofessional learning and teaching. He has provided training and consultancy to a wide range of organisations across the health and social care sectors.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/09/2015
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAiden Worsley,Louise Hardwick,Roger Smith
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.