CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.75
- £12.64Trending at £13.50
- £6.50Trending at £12.06
- £5.01Trending at £5.93
- £9.99Trending at £16.41
- £11.34Trending at £14.04
- £16.64Trending at £20.72
About this product
- DescriptionFrom ancient Spain to Italy to Dura Europus, Inscriptions in the Private Sphere in the Greco-Roman World provides a series of case studies illustrating the variety and importance of writing in private spaces in antiquity.
- Author BiographyRebecca Benefiel, Ph.D. (2005), Harvard University, is Associate Professor of Classics at Washington and Lee University. She has published numerous articles on ancient graffiti, especially in Pompeii and surrounding areas. She is a supervisor for the Epigraphic Database Roma and is Director of the Ancient Graffiti Project. Peter Keegan, Ph.D. (2003), Macquarie University, is Senior Lecturer in Roman Studies and Associate Dean of Learning and Teaching at that university. He has published monographs and articles on epigraphic studies, including Written Space in the Latin West 200BC-AD300 (Bloomsbury, 2013), Graffiti in Antiquity (Routledge, 2014) and Roles for Men and Women in Roman Epigraphic Culture and Beyond (Archaeopress, 2014). Contributors are: J. A. Baird, Francisco Beltran Lloris, Rebecca Benefiel, Angela Cinalli, Mireille Corbier, Peter Keegan, Elisabeth Rathmayr, Karen Stern, Claire Taylor, Antonio Varone, Andrew Wallace-Hadrill, and Mantha Zarmakoupi.
- Date of Publication04/12/2015
- GenreAncient History
- Series TitleBrill Studies in Greek and Roman Epigraphy
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight1 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byPeter Keegan,Rebecca Benefiel
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.