All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBetween 1699-1701, Maria Sibylla Merian travelled to the Dutch colony of Suriname in South America to study the area's unique flora and fauna. Many of the drawings and painting she produced on this trip were published in her Metamorphosis of the Insects of Suriname (1705). This volume reproduces details of sixteen plates from that volume.
- Author BiographyDavid Brafman is curator of rare books at the Getty Research Institute. Stephanie Schrader is assistant curator of drawings at the J. Paul Getty Museum.
- Author(s)David Brafman,Stephanie Schrader
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication21/08/2008
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJ. Paul Getty Museum
- Content Note22 full-colour illustrations
- Width114 mm
- Height159 mm
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £3.37Trending at £3.46
- £4.73Trending at £5.04
- £4.67Trending at £5.14
- £8.50Trending at £9.26
- £10.42Trending at £11.17
- £6.01Trending at £6.10
- £4.22Trending at £7.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.