All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.17
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionOffers a description of the author's stint as a low-wage worker at two national toy store chains: one upscale shop and one big box outlet. Including observations from the shop floor, this book chronicles her experiences as a cashier, salesperson, and stocker and provides insights into the social impact of shopping for toys.
- Author BiographyChristine L. Williams, Professor of Sociology at the University of Texas, Austin, is coeditor, with Jeffrey Alexander and Gary Marx, of Self, Structure, and Beliefs (California, 2004), author of Still a Man's World (California, 1995), and author of Gender Differences at Work (California, 1989). She is currently the editor of the journal Gender & Society.
- Author(s)C.L. Williams
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication11/11/2005
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight54 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.