CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £37.62Trending at £44.78
- £31.44Trending at £34.56
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the research of an international group of scholars, engaged in the analysis of academic discourse from a genre-oriented perspective. This title provides examples of the complexity and flexibility of genres, which have shown to be subject to a continuous tension between stability and change as well as between convention and innovation.
- Author BiographyCarol Berkenkotter is Professor of Rhetoric and Communication in the Department of Writing Studies, University of Minnesota. In 1995 she published (with Thomas N. Huckin) Genre Knowledge in Disciplinary Communication: Cognition/Culture/Power. Her current research interests include the influence of digital technology on 'emergent genres' of the Internet, such as blogs, wikis, and Facebook. Vijay K. Bhatia has recently retired as Professor from the City University of Hong Kong. His research interests include applied genre analysis; ESP and Professional Communication; cross-cultural variation in professional discourses. His work on genre analysis includes two books, Analysing Genre: Language Use in Professional Settings (1993) and Worlds of Written Discourse: A Genre-based View (2004). Maurizio Gotti is Professor of English and Director of the Research Centre on Specialized Languages (CERLIS) at the University of Bergamo. His main research areas are the features and origins of specialized discourse, English syntax and English lexicography. He is a member of the Editorial Board of national and international journals, and edits the Linguistic Insights series for Peter Lang.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication07/08/2012
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number160
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight660 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byCarol Berkenkotter,Maurizio Gotti,Professor Vijay K. Bhatia
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.