Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £4.82Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by musicmagpie
- Est. delivery by 30 Aug
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTheo Caulder (Gooding, Jr.) is an ambitious psychiatric who has been asked by his mentor Ben Hillard (Sutherland) to evaluate the case of legendary anthropologist and primatologist Ethan Powell (Hopkins). Powell- a highly educated man who holds an ominous secret in his past- is currently being held captive in a maximum security prison for the critically insane. In an attempt to understand the actions of this headline-gripping madman, Caulder elicits the aid of Powell's estranged daughter, Lyn. Risking his career and his life, Caulder's ambition drives him to find the truth, regardless of the cost. Both men become psychologically connected as their relationship changes from psychiartrist and prisoner to student and teacher.
- Leading Role 1Anthony Hopkins
- Director 1Jon Turteltaub
- Leading Role 2Cuba Gooding Jr.
- Leading Role 3Donald Sutherland
- Additional Roles byJohn Aylward,John Ashton,George Dzundza,Maura Tierney,Marc Macaulay
- ProducerMichael Taylor,Barbara Boyle
- ScreenwriterGerald Di Pego
- Score ComposerDanny Elfman
- EditorRichard Francis-Bruce
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2006
- Additional GenrePsychological
- Running Time118 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- sugar-and-spice...18 Feb, 2011by
The Film Instinct.
I do really like this film, watched it with my dad years ago and we have not seen it sold in any shops. so was happy when i saw it on here. Worked brilliantly, no scratches or jumping with eth disc. good!
- renzfab414 Feb, 2010by
Instinct - Hopkins
Instinct is a different sort of film from most and cannot be placed in any sort category. Hopkins is always a joy to watch and carries the film really well.
- solpan_tm16 Sep, 2009by
Great film well worth a watch or several. Good story throughout and great actors. Anthony Hopkins on great form as usual.
- clare26-200920 Mar, 2009by
My favourite film.
I have been lokking for this film for a very long time. It is one of my all time favourites I love antony hopkins I think he is a great actor.Cuba gooding jr plays a very good part in this film its a must buy!
- 296269703@delet...04 Feb, 2009by
Instinct (DVD 2004) Anthony Hopkins/Cuba Goodring Jnr
Being a big Anthony Hopkins fan i found it a must adding this dvd to my collection. (Hopkins) plays anthropologist Ethan Powell, a very strong character in this film about a man that whilst studying mountain gorillas becomes more and more disgruntled with now, the outside world. (Cuba Goodring Jnr), as supporting actor is, as ever at his best when under pressure, plays young psychiatrist, Theo Calder. He is given the task of assessing and reporting his findings on the now incarcerated Ethan Powell. this film has you glued to the screen with a lump on your throat as it seamlessly jumps back and fourth in the memories of Ethan Powell.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £4.94Trending at £6.98
- £5.23Trending at £9.99
- £15.95Trending at £16.15
- £11.75Trending at £12.04
- £13.80Trending at £16.70
- £33.99Trending at £43.72
- £24.45Trending at £38.90