All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/09/2016
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleStudies in Conflict, Development and Peacebuilding
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note17 black & white tables, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight526 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byNadine Ansorg,Sabine Kurtenbach
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: Institutional Reforms and Peace Building, Nadine Ansorg and Sabine Kurtenbach Part I: Divisions, Societal Cleavages and Institutional Reforms in the Aftermath of War 1. Does the Success of Institutional Reform Depend on the Depth of Divisions? A Pilot Study on Thirty-Four African Countries, Matthias Basedau 2. Matches and Misfits: Divided Societies and the Adoption of Power-Sharing, Gerald Schneider 3. Socioinstitutional Congruence and Social Peace in Divided and Postconflict Societies, Artak Galyan Part II: Path Dependency of Institutional Designs During and After War 4. The Challenges of Institutional Reforms in the Midst of War: Lessons from Colombia, Sabine Kurtenbach 5. Introducing Institutional Reform: The Role of Sunset Clauses in Postconflict Power-Sharing Arrangements, Roland Schmidt and Artak Galyan 6. Business and Institutional Reform in Hybrid Political Orders, Brian Ganson and Achim Wennmann Part III: The Challenges of Security Sector Reform in Postwar Societies 7. The International Dimension of Postconflict Police Reform, Felix Haass, Julia Strasheim, and Nadine Ansorg 8. Armed Disorder after Peace: Armed Actors, Conflict, and Reform in Nineteenth-Century Mexico, ca. 1820-1870, Esteban Ramirez Gonzalez 9. Looking beyond Institutional Reform: Engaging with the Hybridization of Peace and Political Order. Two Cases from Oceania and West Africa, Volker Boege Conclusion: Institutional Reform and Peace Building, Nadine Ansorg and Sabine Kurtenbach
- Author BiographyNadine Ansorg is a Research Fellow at the GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Germany, and a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at the University of Kent, UK. Sabine Kurtenbach is a Political Scientist and Senior Research Fellow at the GIGA German Institute of Global Area Studies, Germany.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.