Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £14.90Trending at £15.06
- £9.44Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.19
- £16.70Trending at £21.72
- £15.55Trending at £19.06
- £13.65Trending at £14.14
- £18.71Trending at £18.97
About this product
- Author(s)Paul Schonsleben
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/2011
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleResource Management
- Series Part/Volume Number44
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note577 black & white illustrations
- Weight1973 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsSTRATEGIC AND TACTICAL CONCEPTS, AND FUNDAMENTALS OF DESIGN Logistics, Operations and Supply Chain Management Basic Definitions, Issues, and Challenges Business Partner and Business Objects Strategies in the Entrepreneurial Context Performance Measurement Scenarios and Exercises Supply Chain Design Ownership and Trade in a Supply Chain Strategic Procurement and Levels of Cooperation Designing Partnership Relationships Facility Location Planning in Production, Distribution, and Service Networks Sustainable Supply Chains Supply Chain Risk Management Scenarios and Exercises Analysis and Fundamental Concepts in Logistics and Operations Management Elements of Business Process Management Push and Pull in the Design of Business Processes Important Techniques of Business Process Analysis Characteristic Features Fundamental Concepts Scenarios and Exercises The MRP II / ERP Concept: Business Processes and Methods Business Processes and Tasks in Planning & Control Master Planning - Long-Term Planning Introduction to Detailed Planning and Execution Logistics Business Methods in Research and Development Current State of Knowledge of Logistics Management Scenarios and Exercises Manufacturing Characterizing Lean / Just-in-Time and Repetitive Manufacturing The Lean / Just-in-Time Concept The Kanban Technique The Cumulative Production Figures Principle Comparison of Techniques of Materials Management Scenarios and Exercises Concepts for Product Families and One-of-a-Kind Production Logistics Characteristics of a Product Variety Concept Adaptive Techniques Generative Techniques Scenarios and Exercises Concepts for the Process Industry Characteristics of the Process Industry Processor-Oriented Master and Order Data Management Processor-Oriented Resource Management Special Features of Long-Term Planning Scenarios and Exercises Software Used for Logistics Purposes: An Introduction Contents of Logistics Software Packages Factors for Successful Implementation of Logistics Software Range of Implementation of Logistics Software Summary Keywords Scenarios and Exercises METHODS OF PLANNING & CONTROL IN COMPLEX LOGISTICS SYSTEMS Demand and Demand Forecast Overview of Forecasting Techniques Historically Oriented Techniques for Constant Demand Historically Oriented Techniques with Trend-Shaped Behavior Future-Oriented Techniques Using Forecasts in Planning Scenarios and Exercises Inventory Management and Stochastic Materials Management Stores and Inventory Management Usage Statistics, Analyses, and Classifications Order Point Technique and Safety Stock Calculation Batch or Lot Sizing Summary Keywords Scenarios and Exercises Deterministic Materials Management Demand and A variable Inventory along the Time Axis Deterministic Determination of Independent Demand Deterministic Determination of Dependent Demand Batch or Lot Sizing Analyzing the Results of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Scenarios and Exercises Time Management and Scheduling Elements of Time Management Buffers and Queues Scheduling of Orders and Scheduling Algorithms Splitting, Overlapping, and Extended Scheduling Algorithms Scenarios and Exercises Capacity Management Fundamentals of Capacity Management Infinite Loading Finite Loading Rough-Cut Capacity Planning Summary Keywords Scenarios and Exercises Order Release and Control Order Release Shop Floor Control Order Monitoring and Shop Floor Data Collection Distribution Control Scenarios and Exercises Cost Estimating, Job-Order Costing, and Activity-Based Costing Costs, Cost Elements, and Cost Structures Cost Estimating Job-Order Costing Activity-Based Costing Scenarios and Exercises Representation and System Management of Logistic Objects Order Data in Sales, Distribution, Production, and Procurement The Master Data for Products and Processes Extensions Arising from Variant-Oriented Concepts Extensions
- Author BiographyProfessor Paul Schonsleben studied mathematics and operations research at ETH Zurich. He obtained a PhD. degree in 1980. From 1983 to 1991, he was full time professor for Business Informatics at the University of Neuchatel, Switzerland. Since 1991 he has been full professor at ETH Zurich, chair of operations and supply chain management. He was dean, deputy head, and head of the Department BEPR and MTEC from 2001 to 2005. He is member of the Board of several companies and foundations.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.