All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.34Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.06
- £16.55Trending at £19.32
- £6.32Trending at £6.99
About this product
- DescriptionNow in a fully updated second edition, with new chapters covering flow theory, state-of-the-art search methods and GO/nonlinear programming, this unified treatment of optimization methods deals with all facets of the topic needed by students and practitioners.
- Author BiographyJohn Hooker is T. Jerome Holleran Professor of Business Ethics and Social Responsibility, and Professor of Operations Research, at Carnegie Mellon University. He is also part-time Visiting Professor at London School of Economics, 2009-2011. He holds doctoral degrees in philosophy and management science. His research interests include operations research, business ethics, and cross-cultural issues. He teaches courses in these fields at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and executive levels, and he has published over 130 articles and seven books. He is founding editor-in-chief of the Journal of Business Ethics Education and an area editor for INFORMS Journal on Computing. He is founding director of the Center for International Corporate Responsibility at Carnegie Mellon. He was recently named an INFORMS Fellow for outstanding contributions to operations research and the management sciences. His recent book Integrated Methods for Optimization reflects his primary research interests in operations research. He developed the ethics curriculum, including course materials, used in CMU's Tepper School of Business, and he has co-organized four conferences on international corporate responsibility. His book Working across Cultures is used as a text in cross-cultural business courses at several universities. He has lived and worked in Australia, China, Denmark, India, Qatar, Turkey, the United States, and Zimbabwe, and has extensive experie nce in Germany, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. He has led professional workshops in several countries. He was head of Carnegie Mellon's undergraduate Business Administration Program 1996-2001. He reorganized the program, led the design of its curriculum, and received a distinguished service award from the Tepper School for his contributions. In 2009 he received an Award for Sustained Teaching Excellence in the program.
- Author(s)Elvin Coban,John N. Hooker
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/01/2014
- Series TitleInternational Series in Operations Research & Management Science
- Series Part/Volume Number170
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note30 black & white tables, biography
- Weight997 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.